Thursday, November 15, 2007

And sometimes we get some really rude ones.....

Here is a call I got from an extremely rude customer. First off he calls in asking us for help, but will not give any information. Then he will not listen to me try to tell him he called the wrong place, then he curses and yells at me, even threatens to sue me, and to top it all off when he realizes what an idiot he made himself look like he hangs up. No apology for acting the way he did, just an abrupt end to the call. All over lug nuts. This guy seriously needs anger management.

Me: Thanks for calling xxxxxxx customer assistance and thanks for holding. My name is Scotty, may I have your name please?

Caller: No, you don’t need it.

Me: Okay, how about a contact number just in case the call gets lost?

Caller: I will not give you my number. I don’t want it sold, and you don’t need it. I just have a simple question.

Me: Okaaaay, how may I help you?

Caller: I want to know what size lug nuts are on my RV.

Me: I am sorry sir, you have called xxxxxxx engine company. We do not make the chassis, which would include the lug nuts.

Caller: Damn it! It has a xxxxxxx engine in it! You better f’ing tell me what size lug nuts it has! If you don’t and I get stuck because I can’t change a tire I will sue your @$$ off!

Me: Sir, as I have tried to…..

Caller (interrupts): I told you! You had better f’ing tell me what size lug nuts my wheels have, and I mean now!!

Me: Are you done yelling and cursing yet? If not I will end this call and you can call us back when you can speak in a more reasonable tone of voice and without cursing at me. (I talked over him at this point).

Me: Now, as I tried to explain, we are an engine manufacturer. We sell the engine to various chassis companies. They place the engine in their chassis. They are the ones who put the chassis together, and that chassis would include the wheels and tires. You need to call them and ask them what size lug nuts you have.

Caller: You mean you don’t put the tires on?

Me: We do not put the tires on.

Caller: You only make the engine?

Me: We only make the engine.

Caller: Uhh, sorry. I gotta go. *hangs up