Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This guy was a real math genius.

This caller proves that you don't have to be good at math to be able to afford a 300,000 dollar motorhome. Of course over the time I have spent in customer assistance I have learned that sometimes even people with the IQ of a turnip can sometimes lay down the money for something that I currently can't even think of affording. Here it is:

Me: Thanks for calling xxxxxxx customer assistance, and thanks for holding. My name is Scotty. May I have your name please?

Caller: Yeah, I got a problem. I have an xxx, and I had it show on the test strips that I needed some DCA4 additive. What should I do?

Me: You should add some DCA4 additive in the amount specified to bring it to the proper level. The test strip instructions should state what that amount is. Can I have your name please?

Caller: Ohh. It says I should add a quart for a 15 gallon system to get it to normal. I have a 14 gallon system. What should I do?

Me: Add a quart. The system is close enough to a 15 gallon system, and as long as the DCA4 additive level falls into a certain range you should be okay. That range is found in your operation and maintenance manual. Again I would like your name and number just in case I need to research something and contact you.

(I really didn’t need to research anything, but we are supposed to keep track of callers.)

Caller: You don’t need that information. I just have a few easy questions.

(If there were that easy then why is he calling me?)

Me: Okay.

Caller: If I add 2 16 ounce bottles of DCA4 additive will that be the same as adding a quart?

Me: Yes, a quart is 32 ounces, therefore 2 bottles which are 16 ounces each would equal a quart.

Caller: Are you sure? I will get a quart bottle if I need to.

Me: Yes, I am sure. You can verify this by looking at a quart bottle that shows how many ounces are in it. It will say 32 ounces. Then multiply 16 by 2 and you will find out that it comes up 32.

Caller: That is all I needed. Bye. (hangs up)

No comments: